Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Bethel Bootlegger

Rural South-Western Alaska hub Bethel, Alaska voted for the community to go wet. Opening Alcohol sales in Liqour stores, Bars, Restaurants, and Clubs. Now seeking to opt back into damp status. Again leaving the community to purchase their alcohol from their friendly Neighborhood Bootlegger. From personal experience, it was easier to buy alcohol in Bethel when I was 15, than it was to get alcohol in Anchorage. I think I would rather see the City Council start squirming in their seats when the community turns dry than it is to be damp. It is irresponsible to put the 'Point of Sale' into unregulated, untaxed and often rich criminal hands.

2 comments:

  1. Like the churches here in Bethel they hoard God for themselves. Now they want to hoard my bottle of R&R, along with the city government's help. Religion and politics is well alive here, I'm too Goddamn honest to lie to people anyway to hoard God until "...you tell me some sin you committed and give a little cab fare so I can give you a ticket to heaven." I am tempted on every corner as she calls my name on my way home; the Whore (hoard) of Bethel; the $60.00 bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God isn't god if he fits inside your head.

    ReplyDelete